First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Category Specialist
Job Identification: 500
- Collaborate with Category Manager to determine the scope of the purchases to be put through the procurement processes
- Execute procurement purchases utilizing an end-to-end value chain approach
- Support Category Manager with contract negotiations when required
- Review recommendations from Category Manager and internal business partners to implement new procurement strategies
- Involve Category Manager as necessary (e.g., complex contracts, Vendor performance issues, etc.)
- Sponsor and approve procurement process improvements related to the Category
- Participate in Category Management activities across multiple dimensions, including category strategy, contract implementation, and Vendor relationship improvement programs
- Conduct tactical negotiations (e.g., price, delivery times) with selected Vendors to procure materials / services
- Coordinate opportunities to aggregate spend across BUs/ SRFs/Branches where possible to improve pricing and reduce procurement administrative activities
- Provide overall leadership to spot buy activities to meet established service level agreements
- Work with Head of Procurement and Category Manager to develop and implement the category communication plans, including sharing new contract agreements and procedures for complying
- Communicate contract terms to impacted stakeholders within the Bank through meetings and other appropriate communication vehicles
- Assess alignment of contract objectives with business needs
- Ensure all contracting is in accordance with internal controls, policies, and procedures
Category Management Implementation:
- Support Category Manager in execution of the category strategy
- Review supply planning documentation to assess on-going category requirements
- Work with the Category Manager to define the sourcing strategy
- Identify relevant external market trends with respect to the industry and/or category (or group of categories)
- Collect, manage, and assess relevant external benchmarks to assess the Bank’s performance against those external benchmarks
- Develop the necessary analyses to support the various category management activities as directed by the Category Manager
- Collect and manage category / Vendor data including spend data segmentation
- Monitor new and existing category developments in a timely manner and determine impact on sourcing requirements to ensure a competitive edge
- Develop impact assessments and analyses based on external benchmarking studies and/or market trends including, but not limited to, future spend opportunities, category risks, and Vendor sustainability
- Develop impact assessments and analyses based on internal market forecasts and internal requirements.
- Develop forward looking predictive analyses based on industry and/or category trends.
- Support the analysis of end-to-end value chain costs for respective category.
Application Closing Date
1:37 PM: 3rd May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online