Michael Stevens Consulting – Our client is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Vice Principal – Academics
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- On behalf of our client we are seeking a self motivated and dynamic candidate for the position of Head of School to provide inspirational and motivational leadership, vision and direction across the school.
The candidates overiding responsibilities are to:
- The Vice Principal Academics is expected to provide strategic leadership regarding the proficient delivery of a Hybrid Curriculum.
- He/She would be responsible for the management and coordination of all academic policies and procedures of staff and learners.
- The VP Academics will lead ALL the operational aspects of the academic department, e.g:
- Coordinating the preparation of examination for all programmes involving assessment; to ensure current examination regulations and deadlines are adhered to.
- Must be extremely hands on with all staff: teachers, heads of departments regarding academic and administration for imparting quality teaching delivery to students.
- Responsible for Curriculum development: design, delivery and evaluation.
- Formulate strategies and policies related to academic performance and ensure its implementation and target achievements are met.
- Ensuring that the day to day operations of the School are effectively and efficiently coordinated together with the Head Of School.
- And Create and implement staff training sessions in conjunction with the Head Of School.
- Finally, the achievement of high academic pass rate through the monitoring of assessments, attendance, retention of students andacademic certifications are key deliverables of the Academy.
- A recognized Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification in Education
- A Post-graduate Degree / qualification will be an added advantage.
- Experience working in an Approved Montessori School at Management level will be an added advantage
- The ability to understand the strategic vision and priorities of a day & boarding school and a thorough knowledge of all policies and legislation governing a mixedcurriculum.
- A sound and thorough knowledge of all the transformational issues and capacity building processes in education especially relating to Curriculum management delivery.
- Willingness to work beyond the call of duty to ensure all Academic standards are obtained and maintained.
- Computer skills (MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Ms Excel, MS Access and MS Outlook).
Application Closing Date
16th May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.