Michael Stevens Consulting – Our client is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of School / Principal
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
On behalf of our client we are seeking a self motivated and dynamic candidate for the position of Head of School to provide inspirational and motivational leadership, vision and direction across the school. The candidates overiding responsibilities are to:
- Work with the senior leadership team to deliver a broad, balanced, interconnected curriculum and co-curricular programme, supported by effective monitoring, analysis and feedback and rigorous staff development
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people within the school, establishing a culture in which students can flourish and thrive
- Develop innovative ways to engage parents, carers and external stake holders and build strong community and international links
- Ensure that the budget is efficiently and effectively managed.
- You will lead a highly committed team in which every member of staff cares.
- You will also be supported and challenged by a Governing Board that is open to fresh ideas and new ways in which the school can differentiate itself and stand out from the crowd.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Head of School/Principal takes primary responsibility for ensuring the smooth and effective running of all the day-to-day activities of Atlantic Hall School, as well as contributing to the successful strategic development of the school in the longer term.
Specifically, the Principal’s duties include the following:
- Managing all aspects of all school programmes – including the planning and delivery of all core-curriculum and extra-curricular activities
- Directing, monitoring and controlling both teachers and administrative staff.
- Ensuring that all school records are adequately kept
- Ensuring that teachers and ancillary staff carry out their duties effectively, establishing and maintaining excellent educational standards and ethics
- Organising regular meetings with teachers (and administrative staff as required)
- Organising regular professional development workshops for the teaching staff
- Ensuring that the school follows all the guidelines laid down by the Ministry of Education. This entails the carrying out of regular checks, and communication with relevant government offices
- Teaching as and when the need arises, and maintaining teaching standards in accordance with statutory and modern-day requirements
- Generating ideas for the general improvement of the school
- Making contacts with all relevant teachers’ organizations, national and international, for aid in kind or cash and in order to maintain high and internationally accepted standards in academics and in the school’s overall performance
- Handling all human resources issues, including those relating to employment, general discipline, staff complaints, staff dismissals etc, and making recommendations on the same to the Board
- Handling all student issues, including counselling, students’ complaints, disciplining of students as appropriate etc, and making recommendations on the same to the Board
- Keeping the Board well briefed on the progress and problems of the school and as required
- Keeping high standards in the repair and maintenance of school property and premises
- Ensuring that all necessary teaching resources are adequately stocked at all times
- Ensuring the smooth running of the school’s boarding houses.
- Applicants should be well qualified both academically and professionally, and should have had at least five years’ successful experience in a senior leadership position, preferably as Head of School or as an ambitious Deputy Head of School, in aco-educational school.
- Applicants should have the creativity, drive and ambition to lead our school and an understanding of the qualities and standards required to take the school to the next level.
Application Closing Date
16th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.