One Acre, founded in 2006, supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund. We serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Odoo ERP Software Engineer – Python
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Employment Type: Full-time
Preferred Start Date: As soon as possible
About the Role
- Our passionate development team manages a range of web and mobile solutions to support our field operations, from registering millions of farmers and their orders, optimizing delivery truckloads and routes, tracking deliveries, collecting mobile payments, and analyzing loan repayments. You will report to one of our development managers.
- We operate a stack of open-source solutions to power most of our business, including Odoo, Apache Fineract, and Keycloak.
- Our technologies include C#, NodeJS, CouchBase, React (Native), Docker/Kubernetes, and our tooling landscape is based on GitHub / JIRA / Slack / Azure DevOps.
- Design, develop, document, test, and operate customizations on our Odoo platform, focused around product ordering, inventory, payment, and delivery
- Mentor the team on the Odoo platform and ecosystem
- Work as part of a small, collaborative, and agile team of software developers
- Contribute to your department’s improvement by sharing knowledge, sharpening your skills, suggesting different ways of working
Career Growth and Development
- We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people.
- You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance.
- We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals.
- You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
For this role specifically, you will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science strongly preferred
- Extensive experience in the Odoo ecosystem and plugin development – 2+ years recommended
- 3+ years of experience, solid programming skills, autonomy, and a mindset of testing and automation
- High proficiency in Python
- Experience with automated testing frameworks and continuous integration
- Experience working in Agile
- Awareness of cloud technologies including Docker and Kubernetes is welcome
- One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
- Flexible work from home policy
- Flexible Bring-Your-Own-Device policy with laptop allowance
- A rare opportunity to make an impact in the world by working with a top-ranked social enterprise!
Application Closing Date
26th April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information and Notice
- One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process.
- Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here: email@example.com, but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.