The U.S. Mission to Nigeria comprises of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supervisory Administrative Assistant
Announcement Number: Lagos-2021-032
Hiring Agency: Consulate General Lagos
Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+1
Series / Grade: LE – 0105 7
Promotion Potential: LE-7
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hour per week
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply / Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FP is 07. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
- All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Definite not to Exceed (5 years) subject to successful completion of probationary period.
- The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: Yes
- The incumbent provides a wide range of administrative assistance to the OBO Project Director (PD) and other OBO management staff (M / OBO) in support of the New Embassy Compound (NEC) / New Consulate Compound (NCC) / Major Rehabilitation / Other Project Name.
- Incumbent is responsible to the OBO PD for administrative management of OBO’s resources and activities, including but not limited to , finance and budget, procurement and supplies, information technology and systems, shipping and travel, human resources and personnel, and housing and furnishing needs.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Minimum of three years of office administrative and management work experience, including at least one year in construction or engineering industry environment either on a jobsite or in an office setting is required. In addition, a minimum of six months’ supervisory experience is required.
- Thorough knowledge of office management functions, services, procedures and standard information sources is required.
- Knowledge of customs and shipping procedures for inbound and outbound shipments as well as means of expediting shipments that arrive in country; working knowledge of permitting activities etc. is required. Basic accounting principles is required.
- Completion of two years of post-secondary educations is required.
- This may be tested. Please specific your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- Fluent in speaking / reading / writing English is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, word, etc) is required. Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Must be skilled in managing an office budget.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Hiring Preference Selection Process: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- ** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
NGN6,455,212 / USD $38,056 / Annum
Application Closing Date
7th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
- To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position:
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Degree (not transcript)
- For EFMs, in addition to the above;
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria.
- For More Info: HR Section 09-461-4000, HRNigeria@state.gov