Saro Agrosciences is the flagship company of Saroafrica International group. and was established in 1991 as Saro Pharma & Chemical Co. Ltd.
Saro Agrosciences has grown into a leading player in the agriculture industry. We are passionately committed to empowering the Nigerian farmer with superior agro-inputs like crop protection products, seeds, fertilizers, and knowledge that will enable these farmers to increase their yield and livelihood in a sustainable manner.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Agric Assistant
Locations: Idanre, Ore, Ondo and Ilesa/Ife Ondo, Osun
Employment Type: Contract
- We are looking for a knowledgeable, thorough Agronomist with a good understanding of Good Agricultural Practice (GAP) across major crops like Cocoa, Maize, Rice, Soybeans, Cassava and Oil palm, and can transfer knowledge to farmers to help them adopt modern farming techniques and boost food quality and productivity.
Technical planning, supervision and monitoring of the field activities:
- Promote the adoption of Saro Crop Management program to ensure that farmer increase their yield and quality
- Recruitment of farmers and formation into groups for easy of monitoring and training to adopt SARO crop management
- Engage and Supervise Spray Service Providers (SSPs) to ensure that farmers are supported with complimentary services
- Provide training and other technical support for the farmers within his catchment that will ensure that farmers productivity improves
- Generate market insight for new product development
Data Collection & Reporting:
- Maintain database of farmer within the catchment
- Keep record of farming activities of farmers within catchment-Date of planting, date of herbicide application, etc.
- Monitor and report on competitors’ activities
- As the ideal candidate, you must be smart, have good numeric ability, compute literate, have high integrity, ne able to work under pressure, must be resident in City of interest and be willing to travel at short notice
Courses / Qualifications
- OND in agriculture and other related sciences
- Hands on Experience in Agriculture with deep knowledge of the agronomy of Maize, Soybeans, Rice, Cocoa, Cassava and Oil Palm
- Relevant Experience: 2 years’ Experience in Agriculture with deep knowledge of the agronomy of Maize, Soybeans, Rice, Cocoa, Cassava and Oil Palm
- Required Age: Not More than 30 years at last birthday
Application Closing Date
19th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online