The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cook
Job Identification: 807
Location: Jos, Plateau
Job Category: Other
Generic Responsibilities (max 10)
- These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work- and Professional Development Plan.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Promote and share ideas for improvement
- Perform according to the work and development plan
- Prepare meals for staff in the office and guest house as required.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the kitchen and kitchen utensils at all times.
- Ensure a hygienic cooking environment and preparation of meals in a hygienic manner
- Purchase and preserve food items for preparation of meals.
- clean (metal) fixtures and fittings and wipe down glass surfaces in the kitchen
- Empty and clean trash containers and dispose of trash in a sanitary manner, clean the sink and maintain cleanliness of kitchen towels.
- These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Operate cooking cleaning/cooking equipment
- Maintain all cleaning/cooking equipment and materials in a safe and sanitary working condition
- Prepare meals for the staff in the guest house and visitors as required
- Keep all dishes washed ,and tidy after meals
- Clean the fridge, cookers, microwave and wall tiles regularly
- Monitor the use of replaceable kitchen utilities and report for timely replacement
- Prepare a daily/weekly menu for meal preparation planning
- Dress the table and serve meals in a professional way
- Ensure a balanced diet in meals prepared i.e a combination of Carbohydrates, proteins and vegetables.
- Prepare specified meals on request by staff on a diet
Generic Professional Competencies:
- Experience from working as service support staff in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Some knowledge of English
Application Closing Date
12:15 PM; 18th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online