We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Officer
Job Identification: 804
Job Category: Logistics
Job Schedule: Full time
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Process procurements within the CO threshold as per approved guidelines, procedures and forms (Purchase Requests, Purchase Orders, Goods Received Notes, Service Completion form etc.)
- Check the availability and prices of requested items in the local market; liaise with country office if procurement must be conducted there or at area office level
- Prepare a weekly summary of all outstanding purchase requisitions, showing the current status of the items and the date which they are expected to be supplied to the projects
- Prepare monthly summary reports for all procurements identifying problems in operations and solutions proposed
- Oversee all arrangements for meetings and conferences as required ensuring these are delivered to a high quality and cost effectively
- Updates and Manages the Procurement tracker
- Updates and manages the contract tracker Ensure that all procurements are done in accordance with NRC logistics policies, procedures and donor regulations
- Check and receive purchase requisitions and initiate the procurement process according to NRC procurement regulations.
- Ensure RFQs, are prepare and send out within the agreed lead time
- Complete and issue purchase orders in accordance with NRC regulations.
- Check procurement documents (Bid analysis, Purchase orders and Payment documents etc…) and submit to signatories for verifications and approvals.
- Check payment documents as per procurement checklist before submission to finance
- Follow up with supplies and organize for delivery of materials.
- Conduct regular market surveys to identify suitable and reliable suppliers and service providers
- Maintain updated vendor data base at area level
- Update and share the procurement tracker on regular basis
- Submit invoices from suppliers and the relevant procurement documents to finance
- Managing and tracking of all vehicles on the fleet, when required to support the area offices
- Ensure that vehicles are checked on a daily basis, and that regular service and maintenance is carried out as per agreed schedule as well as managing service agreements such as vehicles fueling.
- Ensure vehicles have current and lawful documentation.
- Receive travel requests, and maintain trip schedules and Staff Movement Board.
- Prepare Military Clearances for the delivery of goods to field locations as requested.
- Produce logistics site report, vehicle and generator cost performance report.
- Ensure proper usage and Maintenance of the Area Office Generator by keeping an up to date Generator Log book for usage and services
- Maintaining up-to-date control of all assets including tracking donor, value, and location, managing staff issue, and recording all asset movements and disposals
- Oversee the issuance and return of assets to / from staff in the absence of assets focal person
- Update Asset Register and send to country office every month in the absence of the assets focal person
- Manage and maintain the physical warehouse.
- Ensure quarterly stock check and reconciliation.
- Ensure random spot check on stock in the warehouse
- Ensure all program stock are released through NRC Stock release/requisition form and accompanied with a waybill to Beneficiaries/point of usage.
- Ensure the BHs and the Country Office Logistics Manager are informed about all stock under expired, expiring SOF and other irregularities or discrepancy in the warehouse respectively.
Generic Professional Competencies:
- Experience from working as a Logistics Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English and Hausa
Application Closing Date
18th February, 2021 by 11:30 AM
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online