Gokada is the future of transportation in Nigeria starting with two-wheeler taxi-motor bikes (Okada’s) ride-hailing. We are staying true to two things as a transportation company: safety is #1 priority and the city is #1 customer. Our vision is to become the Operating System of cities for mobility, on-demand services, and financial services, by driving social and economic inclusion. Our purpose is: how can we make cities more livable?
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Officer
Job Type: Full Time
- We are scouting for a competent, skilled Security Officer to guard and protect our assets and staff from theft, vandalism or any other kind of illegal activity.
- The security officer will be in charge of monitoring and patrolling the premises, our assets, and by extension, dealing with any and all perpetrators they apprehend.
- The job calls for an excellent sense of observation and high moral character because the safety and security of the staff, inventory lies in their hands.
- Builds a strategic and comprehensive information security program that defines, develops, maintains and implements policies and processes that enable consistent, effective information security practices which minimize risk and ensure the integrity, confidentiality and availability of information that is owned, controlled and processed within the organization. Ensures information security policies, standards, and procedures are up-to-date.
- Initiates, facilitates, and promotes activities to foster information security awareness within the organization.
- Creates a culture of cyber security both with the IT organization and driving behavioral changes for the business.
- Evaluates security trends, evolving threats, risks and vulnerabilities and applies tools to mitigate risk as necessary.
- Manages security incidents and events involving electronic protected health information (ePHI)
- Ensure that the disaster recovery, business continuity, risk management and access controls needs of the facility are addressed.
- Ensures the institution/organization complies with the administrative, technical and physical safeguards.
- Collaborates with organization senior management, Privacy Officer, and Corporate Compliance officer to establish governance for the security program.
- Serves in a leadership role for security compliance.
- Works closely with the Privacy Officer to ensure alignment between security and privacy compliance programs including policies, practices and investigations, and acts as a liaison to the information systems and compliance departments.
- Is responsible for initial and periodic information security risk assessment/analysis, mitigation and remediation. Responsible for development and implementation of security risk management plan.
- Ensure organization has audit controls to monitor activity on electronic systems that contain or use electronic protected health information.
- Oversee periodic monitoring and reviewing of audit records to ensure that activity is appropriate. Such activity would include, but is not limited to, logons and logoffs, file accesses, updates, edits and printing.
- Ensure the organization has and maintains appropriate system use and disclosure / confidentiality statement.
- Oversees, develops and/or delivers initial and ongoing security training to the workforce. Initiates, facilitates and promotes activities to foster information security awareness within the organization and related entities
- Participates in the development, implementation, and ongoing compliance monitoring of all BA’s and business associate agreements, to ensure -security concerns, requirements, and responsibilities are addressed.
- Establishes and administers a process for investigating and acting on security incidents which may result in a privacy breach breaches.
- Partners with Human Resources and Compliance Officer to ensure consistent sanctions for security violations
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable federal and state security laws, licensing and certification requirements and accreditation standards.
- Communicates any and all infractions to management through periodic reports and presentations
- Provides assistance to clients, visitors and employees in need in a courteous manner
- Collating and analyzing of security and safety statistics.
- Ensuring a zero lost time injury frequency in company operations.
- Developing an effective journey management plan for company fleets and operations.
- Developing an effective travelling security plan for the company expatriates.
- Developing an anti kidnapping plan for the company employees.
- Planning, developing, implementing and sustaining an effective security and safety policy for the company.
- Leads in accident investigation, incident reporting, theft and other criminal cases in the police station.
- Representing the company in court sessions.
- Bailing of company vehicles and sales bikes from the police Station.
- Must possess a High School Diploma
- 5+ years of experience as a security officer, preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Tech-savvy with experience dealing with radio equipment, surveillance systems and console monitors
- Expert in first aid and basic life support procedures
- Knowledge of security procedures and legal protocol.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online