Gokada is one of the leading technology startups in Nigeria, and has the potential to become one of the most impactful companies in all of Africa. The company operates the leading “superapp” on-demand multi-service platform in Africa’s largest economy, Nigeria, and Gokada’s services include delivery, ride-hailing, and other verticals. Similar to how more mature international peers such as Gojek, Grab, and Pathao evolved, Gokada is growing very rapidly and has attracted a strong roster of local and international VC backers.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: IT Solution Manager
Employment Type: Full time
- Given the current Lagos market, traffic remains one of the biggest challenges. The city needs innovative projects to curb traffic, provide safer and better services, and make people lives easier.
- After working on providing safe and reliable delivery services in Lagos, Gokada is looking to pilot new projects to give Lagosians safe, fast and reliable service. Looking for rock stars to take over the entire initiative of market research, running full scale test pilots and finally building/scaling the project. Will be initially a 3-month project which can be further converted to full-time position based on performance and interest.
- You’ll be joining a team of highly motivated and vibrant professionals that believe in collaboration, passionate about excellence and results. You’ll learn about the Gokada way, our values, learn from our team, management, while also sharing your own best practices and your own style. You’ll get to know our quirks and how we celebrate and value everyone’s personality on our team and organization as a whole.
- The IT Solution Manager will be responsible for managing and monitoring of our Information Systems and infrastructure.
- Lead large IT projects, including the design and deployment of new IT systems and services
- Monitor performance of information technology systems to determine cost and productivity levels, and to make recommendations for improving the IT infrastructure
- Help define IT infrastructure strategy, architecture, and processes
- Analyze business requirements by partnering with key stakeholders across the organization to develop solutions for IT needs
- Assess vendors and develop test strategies for new hardware and software
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues related to internal IT
- Degree in a relevant Business-oriented stream.
- 2-5 years of experience working in IT operations
- Experience leading and managing large IT projects and rolling out IT infrastructures across various technologies
- Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and phone systems
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Excellent project management skills and strong ability to prioritize
- Firm grasp on IT infrastructure and operations best practices
The Skill Set:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for effective and efficient communication.
- Data-driven decision making mindset and solid analytical skills for problem-solving.
- Good leadership and team building and engagement skills.
- Creativity and enthusiasm for building something innovative and impactful
- Interest in a company’s growth and self-development.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online