TTC commenced operation in 2003 as TTC organization and was later, in 2007, registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission as TTC Mobile Limited. We are in the business of manpower development for the telecom industry, via delivery of practical telecom training. We have over 10 years corporate experience in training delivery.
Aside our regular corporate training for companies, and retail training for fresh graduates, TTC Mobile has successfully deployed various grass-root-oriented trainings programs like FREE IT Training(2003), National Youth Development Program(2005), National ICT Summit(2007), National Telecom Scholarship (annually, since 2008). In 2010, we were selected as training partner to the federal government’s Presidential Amnesty Program, which implementation commenced in November 2010; We completed this training project in 2011.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: NMS Engineer
- To monitor the network and provide all required first level support to core network infrastructure issues. This includes liaising with service Providers, and ensuring escalations are carried out in line with the defined guidelines
Expected Key Results (Detailed KPIs)
- Network Monitoring Ensure smooth running of all network monitoring systems: both for Core network nodes and transmission network
- Run-on 24*7*365 network monitoring operation.
- Ensure Core network and Customer links Monitoring applications are functioning properly: Solarwinds, Nagios, Nagviz, SAM, VNQM etc.
- Engagement of various Colo/POPs sites manager in ensuring smooth running of the sites and our equipment therein.
- Escalating issues related to cooling, voltage instability, shelter leakages etc.
- Ensure continuous engagement of vendors and OEMs on service-related issues
- Proactively escalate issues to the network infrastructure team for capacity planning and network optimization
- Managing access request for Operation team visit to POPs/Colo sites, arranging joint visits to sites
- Generate and compile regular report / availability for each of the
- Colo sites and service Providers.
Educational Qualifications & Functional Skills
- University Degree in Engineering
- Professional Qualification (CCNA, CompTIA Network +, ITIL, etc.) an added advantage
- Knowledge of networking and network monitoring/management
- Knowledge and experience with various web technologies
- Ability to learn new things quickly.
Monitoring & Troubleshooting and Alerting:
- Proactive monitoring of the status and performance of network infrastructure and services across the regions.
- Troubleshooting and resolving first level network outages on the network.
- Perform second-level Escalation on network outages or faults to responsible parties.
- Proactive monitoring of the FTTH network (OLT outages, PON port outages, link outages, etc.) for all faults and outages.
- Proactive monitoring of hardware status of equipment (cooling, power, security, etc.) running on the network and escalating to responsible parties in the event of a fault.
- Proactive monitoring of network trends and alert for network optimization and planning.
- Proactive monitoring services (AAA servers, freeside, access control servers, etc.) supporting the network and escalating in the event of any outages.
Client and Third-party Interaction:
- Processing access into third-party sites on the network for visiting engineers.
- Providing remote support to field engineers during network outages.
- Engaging third-party providers (collocation, leased-lines, etc) on any faults and follow-up till outages are resolved.
- Raising tickets for faults on the network for tracking and effective escalation
- Handling ticket escalations from customers and providing necessary support and updates.
- Generate daily, Weekly and Monthly reports on all network outages, network performance and service availability for third party providers on the network
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using ” NMS ENGINEER ” as the subject of the mail.