Sunrose Consulting Limited – Our client is a major force in the Interiors and Furniture Sector of the Nigerian economy with a first-class reputation for top of the range products. Its wide client base ranges from multinationals to individuals and expatriates. Building on recent significant success, it has an ambition to lead the continent in furniture making.
These ambitious growth targets will strengthen the team through the appointment of the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Reporting to the General Manager, you will provide support in all human resource functions. These include recruitment, staffing, training and development, performance monitoring and employee counseling.
- Ensure that accurate job descriptions are in place.
- Provide advice and assistance when conducting staff performance evaluations.
- Identify training and development opportunities.
- Organise staff training sessions, workshops and activities.
- Process employee requests for outside training while complying with policies and procedures.
- Provide basic counselling to staff who have performance related obstacles.
- Provide advice and assistance in developing human resource plans.
- Provide staff orientations.
- Monitor daily attendance.
- Investigate causes for staff absences and recommend solutions to resolve chronic attendance difficulties.
- Provide advice and recommendations on disciplinary actions.
- Monitor scheduled absences such as holidays or travel and coordinate actions to ensure the staff absence has been adequately covered off to ensure continuity of services.
- Provide advice and assistance to supervisors on staff recruitment.
- Prepare notices and advertisements for vacant staff positions.
- Schedule, organise and conduct interviews.
- Conduct reference checks on possible candidates.
- Conducts exit interviews.
- Promote workplace safety.
- Provide advice and assistance to staff and management on pay and benefits systems.
Education, Experience and Skills / Abilities
- A University Degree or HND
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in human resources administration
- Good knowledge of human resources administration
- Good knowledge of performance review methods and techniques
- Good knowledge of staff training, development and recognition
- Ability to delegate, mentor and coach
- An understanding of relevant HR legislation, policies and procedures
- Good supervisory skills
- Good team building skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Basic counselling skills.
Application Closing Date
14th October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Application to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.